You want answers?
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about riding an ECOPED. Got questions you don't see here? Call us toll-free at 1-877-528-3772, or email email@example.com.
- What are the requirements to operate an ECOPED electric scooter?
- Am I allowed to carry passengers on my ECOPED electric scooter?
- What is ECOPED's maximum speed?
- Am I allowed to modify my ECOPED so it can go faster than 32 km/h?
- Is there an age restriction to ride an ECOPED?v
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- What roads can I ride an ECOPED on?
- How far can I travel on a single charge of the ECOPED battery?
- How long will the ECOPED electric scooter battery last before I have to buy a new one?
A. To operate an ECOPED:
- No driver's license is required
- No written test is required
- No vehicle registration or plate is required
- No motor vehicle liability insurance is required
- All that's needed is a DOT-approved helmet (and the rider must be at least 16 years old)
A. ECOPEDs are designed for one person to ride.
A. ECOPED electric scooters can reach a maximum speed of 32 km/h.
A. Modifying your ECOPED electric scooter to increase its speed beyond 32 km/h means it will no longer qualify as an e-bike and requirements such as licensing, registration and insurance may apply.
A. All operators/riders of an ECOPED electric scooter must be 16 years of age or older.
A. Anyone operating an ECOPED electric scooter is required to wear a DOT-approved bicycle or motorcycle helmet. Check your local by-laws to make sure you're not missing anything!
A. ECOPED electric scooters are allowed to travel anywhere bicycles are permitted to travel. Any municipal by-law prohibiting bicycles from highways under its jurisdiction also apply to ECOPEDs. Municipalities may also pass by-laws specific to e-bikes that prohibit them from municipal roads, sidewalks, bike paths, bike trails, and bike lanes under their jurisdiction.
ECOPED electric scooters, like bicycles, are not allowed on controlled-access highways such as 400 series highways, the Queen Elizabeth Way, the Queensway in Ottawa or the Kitchener-Waterloo Expressway, or on municipal roads, including sidewalks where bicycles are banned under municipal by-laws.
A. Depending on conditions, the Constant Driving Distance of the ECOPED Pulse is 60-70km and Ode is 40-50km.
A. The life cycle of an ECOPED battery is up to 500 charges. After this time you may experience a decline in the performance of your ECOPED battery. Click here for information about battery recycling and to get a replacement ECOPED battery.